Constant Flux has been working with Attitude Is Everything on organising a weekend of talks, performances and workshops at DIY Space for London. This will be celebrating DIY Space For London being the first volunteer run venue in the UK to receive Bronze Accreditation for accessibility from Attitude Is Everything. It’s going to be an amazing weekend and I personally can’t wait!
Full details below…
Read more for full details of the In-Sight Weekend : Access & Disability in DIY – TICKETS
FRIDAY – TALKS – 9 Voices from the forefront of DIY, disability, art & music
Friday 31st March @ 7.00pm / £5 / TICKETS
10 minute talks that will explore perspectives on barriers to inclusion, the creative process, and visions for the future.
- Blaine Harrison (Mystery Jets + AiE Patron)
- Jess Thom (Touretteshero)
- Sophie and Irene (Woolf)
- Lizzie Emeh
- Robyn Steward
- Ben Connors with Tilly Milburn and Del
- Luc Eisenbarth (Zombie Crash)
- Daniel Wakeford
- DJ: Dean Rodney (The Fish Police)
SATURDAY (Daytime) Workshops: Making DIY gigs accessible – participate in the creation of a new Attitude is Everything guide
Saturday 1st April @ 2pm – 6pm / Free – booking essential
- Are you a musician or artist involved in London’s DIY (Do-It-Yourself) music scene?
- Are you a promoter putting on gigs in grassroots venues?
- Are you a live music fan with a passion for DIY gigs?
- Are you a musician or gig-goer with access requirements and want your voice heard to make things more accessible at DIY and grassroots gigs?
If you answer yes to any or all of the above, this event is for you!
This afternoon of workshops gives people the opportunity to learn more about disability awareness and DIY access solutions, and feed ideas into a new guide for bands, artists and promoters on how to make gigs and tours accessible for Deaf and disabled people. This will be published by Attitude is Everything later in 2017.
SATURDAY (evening) Gig: Live music with accessibility at it’s core
Saturday 1st April @ 7.30pm / £5 / TICKETS
A gig to showcase a range of DIY access solutions and 4 amazing bands:
Interact with the events on Twitter using the hashtag #InSightWeekend and #accessDIY on twitter, and follow Constant Flux via @theconstantflux and Attitude is Everything via @attitudetweets.